Luís Miguel Ribeiro - Portugal
Luis Miguel Ribeiro has been Chairman of the Civil Aviation Authority since July 2015. He has a degree in economics (1994) and began his career in the Ministry of Finance where he served as deputy to the secretary of State for treasury and finance and deputy director general of the Treasury. In 2010 was appointed CFO of the Lisbon Subway. In 2012, he was appointed CFO of the Portuguese Airports company and managing director of Portway - Handling de Portugal, S.A.
Currently, he also holds the following positions:
- Representative to the EUROCONTROL Provisional Council
- Member of the EASA Management Board
- Chairman of ICAO’s European Aviation System Planning Group
- Portugal’s representative in the ABIS Group
- Member of ECAC’s Coordinating Committee and Focal Point for Safety
- Member of the board of directors of the Joint Aviation Authorities - Training Organisation (JAA TO).