The annual ECAC Forum was established in 2008 to give the Directors General of Civil Aviation of ECAC's forty-four Member States the opportunity for an open discussion of strategic issues with potentially far-reaching national and international significance. The one-day Forum is held back-to-back with the December Directors General meeting in Paris.
Directors General are joined by senior representatives from the European Commission, the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), EUROCONTROL and ICAO, and the debates are facilitated and enhanced by input from guest speakers from both the industry and Member States.
In previous years the ECAC Forum has focused on such issues as:
- The security of the long-term supply of aviation fuel (2008)
- The passenger experience (2009)
- Crisis management in aviation with a special emphasis on the spring 2010 volcanic ash episode (2010)
- Intermodality and its impact on aviation (2011)
- Air cargo (2012)
- The economics of airports (2013)
- A future vision for European air transport (2014)
- Connectivity and economic development (2015)
- Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) (2016)
- How digitalisation is shaping the future of aviation (2017)
- Sustaining aviation growth (2018) and
- Policies to address aviation's environmental challenges (2019).