ECAC WORK PROGRAMME 2019-2021
Aim: To promote a risk-based approach to aviation security.
- To promote the identification of new or evolving threats to aviation security and to develop possible mitigation measures.
- To encourage the implementation of a risk-based and outcome-based approach to aviation security.
Aim: To promote the development and use of security technology and equipment to address current and emerging threats.
- To implement and further develop the ECAC Common Evaluation Process of security equipment (CEP).
- To develop technical specifications for security equipment.
- To promote the deployment at European airports of security equipment meeting the required minimum standards.
- To ensure that Research and Development efforts meet end users' needs and aim at facilitating passengers' journey.
Aim: Based on ECAC Doc 30, Part II, to pursue the development of efficient, effective and uniform aviation security measures on a pan-European basis.
- To maintain ECAC Doc 30, Part II (Security) up-to date and ensure consistency between ECAC Doc 30, Part II (Security) and EU/EC Regulations and ICAO Annex 17 SARPs.
- To support the implementation of required security measures by Member States.
- To promote advanced training methodology for obtaining the best efficiency in the harmonised implementation of aviation security measures.
- To support the implementation of security measures related to RPAS by Member States.
- To promote the implementation of One Stop Security in ECAC region.
Aim: To support ECAC Member States in achieving full compliance with European requirements on aviation security, and further developing their security regime.
- To assess ECAC Member States' level of compliance with ECAC Doc 30, Part II.
- To support ECAC Member States in their rectification of deficiencies at both national and airport levels.
- To support the implementation of efficient oversight regimes by ECAC Members States.
Aim: To support Member States in further developing and/or improving their security regime.
- To provide capacity building activities for the benefit of ECAC Member States.
Aim: To promote European priorities in aviation security with international partners, regional and international organisations.
- To promote pan-European priorities and positions in international meetings.
- To deliver capacity building activities for non-ECAC States on the basis of projects funded outside the regular budget.