ECAC WORK PROGRAMME 2016-2018
Aim: To promote training as an important driver of effective implementation of European standards.
To implement the ECAC training policy.
- Bi-annual meetings of the ECAC Network of Training Organisations (TRA-NET) under the chairmanship of the ECAC Focal Point for Training.
- Establish training needs based on the evolution of the regulatory framework and of air transport industry practices as well as surveys of Member States' training needs, and potential gaps where the market does not provide the necessary training programmes/courses.
- Establish a common reference framework, to enable Member States, training organisations, industry stakeholders and aviation professionals to compare qualifications across the different training systems, thereby facilitating the mutual recognition of competencies and qualifications, and subsequently, the mobility of people working in aviation within Europe.
To encourage cooperation between training organisations in Europe while respecting the role of each organisation in its specific areas of expertise.
- Maintain, and consider expanding, the membership of the ECAC Network of training organisations within ECAC.
- Promote the exchange of training experiences, including the sharing of good practices, in particular in ensuring conformity with established quality standards.
To improve the quality of training offered by the various entities developing and delivering training programmes.
- Evaluate quality standards for the development, management and delivery of training programmes and courses.
- Evaluate standards for the skills and competencies of trainers.
- Evaluate performance measurement tools to evaluate the quality of training courses.
To cooperate with ECAC associated bodies on training matters.
- Contribute to the definition of work priorities of associated bodies through the membership in the Foundation Board of JAA TO and EASTI.
To organise secondments/internships in different fields of activities of ECAC
- Continuous professional development opportunities are offered to staff from Member States.