Workshop on Security in Airport Design
(Paris, 15 - 16 June 2017)
This workshop is jointly organised by:
The objectives of the workshop are to:
- Present principles of incorporating security features in the design of airport infrastructure and the role of Appropriate Authorities in the review and approval of new or modified infrastructures;
- Present best practices in the design of physical security measures against Improvised Explosive Device (IED) and Person Borne IED (PBIED);
- Present best practices in the design of physical security measures against Vehicle Borne IED (VBIED) and vehicles used as a weapon (VAAW); and
- Discuss how best to design airports and passenger and goods flows to mitigate current threats to civil aviation.
Combining background information, presentations on new developments and practical group work, the workshop will be of interest to:
- National authorities responsible for civil aviation security policy and regulations;
- Aviation Security experts within Member States;
- Senior or middle managers from entities (e.g. airport operators, security services, air carrier) involved in the implementation of security measures;
- ECAC-certified aviation security auditors and vulnerability assessors from ECAC Member States; and
- National auditors of ECAC Member States.
Attendance is strictly restricted to representatives who have been formally nominated by the Appropriate Authorities of ECAC Member States.
Registration fee :
Registration fee (register by 15 May 2017):
- Representatives of ECAC Member State Appropriate Authorities/administration/ airports: 200 €
- Industry representatives (airlines, other aviation stakeholders): 400 €
The workshop will be conducted in English and attendees should have a working knowledge of the language.
For further information, please contact the ECAC Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org / +33 1 46 41 85 46.